This is not the first job ad you see, but we sincerely hope you would read this one – not only will you find out a lot about Wunder as a company, but at the end of this advert, there is an offer for you that includes coffee, snacks, and an office tour. And to be honest, this advert can de facto change the course of your career. This particular position requires the ability to communicate fluently in Finnish.
If you wish to work with vivid grown-ups willing to grow and learn, you enjoy building together for a common goal – innovating and implementing in order to create smooth digital solutions, Wunder could be your thing. No uniforms, no strict rules, come as you are! We celebrate diversity since this brings innovation and creativity.
At Wunder, you work for us, with us and in development teams on clients’ projects – we do not rent you to another company.
Are you a home office, company office, or hybrid person? Not that it would make any change for us, as “Work from where you want and when you want” is one of our mottos. We encourage people in multiple ways to make the most of our flexible work terms in order to maintain optimal work/free time -balance. But our offices in Helsinki, Turku, Tallinn, Riga and Valmiera are pretty awesome too – so you truly can choose whatever suits you best. A combination of Wunder’s offices and home office is now the most common way to work for the majority of us.
What we expect from you
We are looking for an experienced engineer with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to absorb complex technical concepts, especially around data and APIs. You will be working in agile teams, producing clean architecture and building solutions using maintainable code.
We expect 5+ years or corresponding overall development experience.
We expect you to communicate fluently in English (our internal working language) and to have full professional language proficiency in Finnish. We have offices in Finland, Estonia & Latvia (so awesome, if also familiar with Estonian or Latvian!)
What tech do we use
- GraphQL. You are familiar with Apollo Server, and you could see yourself grasping fragments, federation and excited to learn frameworks like Dgraph.
- Drupal. We extensively use Drupal as our CMS, and MySQL (MariaDB). We value your experience with SQL and relational DBs, but PHP/Drupal knowledge is not a hard requirement for this position.
We don’t expect you to be familiar with every one of these technologies mentioned (seriously!). However, we are really looking for a growth mindset and perseverance in dealing with technical complexity.
- Experience leading and mentoring is very valued.
- We love ElasticSearch and empowering our clients with the best search experiences. Any knowledge in ES or related Lucene knowledge is a big plus.
- We don’t require studies in Computer Science, but if you have a solid foundation, make sure to mention it.
- You know what k8s stands for. To empower our developers, we use Kubernetes and CI in most of our projects. Check Wunder’s open-source Silta.
I’m very stoked about Silta and what it has to offer to us developers. The flexibility in tech in this company has been fantastic to see! I'm also amazed at how helpful and caring this company is for its employees.
Salary and Benefits at Wunder*
- Based on Wunder’s Salary Model
- Wunder bonus: based on the company’s profitability
- Birthday bonus
- Recruiting bonus
- Commuting benefit
- Home Internet Awaits!
- Lunch Card
- Recreational money
- Snacks at the office and time to time sent to home offices as well
- Sports Club
*The Salary Model applies in all our operating countries, but there are some country-specific variations on the bonuses and perks. The list above is based on the benefits, perks, and bonuses in Finland. We look forward to telling you about all the benefits and perks that apply in your country.
Wunder in 17 seconds.
The ways we support Wunderers’ development and growth
- You will belong to a guild (Frontend, System builders or Tech Leads guild), where you share knowledge and get support.
- As a Wunderer, the guild lead will have growth discussions with you, and you will agree on what resources you need to adapt to your way of learning.
- 360-degree feedback annually, to understand your strengths and keep progressing in your career.
- Find new responsibilities & challenges with our resourcing team.
- Visit events and conferences to learn more about the industry.
Wunderers get to:
- Execute the work in your own way while your account manager, project manager, co-workers and guild members answer your questions and support you for a smooth project experience so you can do the best job.
- Share knowledge and support in problem-solving within your guild.
- Freedom to be who they are and to grow into what they dream of being.
“I felt appreciated already on the first day when I started and I think that the culture of the organisation is the thing that keeps me still working for Wunder.”
Some of our current clients:
Fortum, Ruutu, Trimble, Finavia, City of Turku, Kansalliskirjasto (Finnish National Library), Traficom, HUS (Helsinki University Hospital), Suomen Metsäkeskus (Finnish Forest Centre), Ministry of Defence of Latvia, Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia, and many more.
Read more detailed information on projects here.
The fields of business we currently work with:
- Cities & Municipalities
Keep on reading! Your coffee, snacks, and office tour are waiting for you!
We would love to invite you to come to visit any of our offices – to meet our fellow devs, get a cup of coffee or a bottle of soda, rank our snack selection and get a tour of our office. And if you wish, have a relaxed chat about our culture and tech. Book your personal office tour by sending a message to: [email protected]
If you are already impressed enough to send us an application, just great, awesome and we can’t wait to get your message! Feel free to send it via email to [email protected]
Include the following in your message:
- Preferred subject: Full Stack Engineer
- Freeform application, including:
- Salary expectation
- When you would be available
- Some sample code or other material that you think is representative of your work or link to your Github page.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
- Application & Review
- A cultural interview where we talk about what kind of company you want to work for
- A technical interview where you can talk tech
- Coding homework assignment
- Final interview
All interviews will currently be held in Zoom.
For further information, please contact:
Or if you feel like sending us a message via social media, that goes more than fine too: