This is not the first job ad you see, but we sincerely hope you would read this one – not only will you find out a lot about Wunder as a company, but at the end of this advert, there is an offer for you that includes coffee, snacks, and an office tour. And to be honest, this advert can de facto change the course of your career.
If you wish to work with vivid people willing to grow and learn more, you enjoy building together for a common goal – testing, innovating, and implementing in order to create smooth digital solutions, Wunder could be your thing. No uniforms, no strict rules, come as you are! We celebrate diversity and inclusion since they boost innovation and wellbeing.
At Wunder you work for us, with us and in development teams in clients’ projects – we do not rent you to another company.
“Work from where you want and when you want” is one of our motto’s. We encourage people in multiple ways to make the most of our flexible work terms in order to maintain optimal work/free time -balance. But our offices in Helsinki, Turku, Tallinn, Riga and Valmiera are pretty awesome too – so you can choose whatever suits you best. Some of us have worked for years already in 99% remote mode and some come to the office nearly every day. To support the remote work we have a budget for everyone to improve the home office working environment.
What we’re looking for:
Junior Quality Assurance Developer who is able and willing to do:
- Manual web site testing according to provided scenarios
- Functionality validation in pre-release state
- Defect raising with a detailed description of the defect and the test steps or procedure to validate that the issue has been successfully resolved
- Adoption and development of test automation with codeception and robot framework (Freedom to implement alternative solutions)
- Code review in accordance with best practices
THE SKILLS WE WISH YOU TO HAVE:
- Basic PHP, HTML, CSS, JS skills
- Basic version control experience – git (GitHub)
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Willingness to learn and advance
- Good written and verbal communication in English, bonus points for knowing Finnish, Estonian or Latvian.
Nearly all our projects have Drupal as one technical element, so the more you know and want to learn about Drupal, the better.
Salary and Benefits at Wunder*
- Based on Wunder’s Salary Model
- Wunder bonus: based on the company’s profitability
- Birthday bonus
- Recruiting bonus
- Commuting benefit
- Home Internet Awaits!
- Lunch Card
- Recreational money
- Snacks at the office and time to time sent to home offices as well
- Sports Club
*The Salary Model applies in all our operating countries, but there are some country-specific variations on the bonuses and perks. The list above is based on the benefits, perks, and bonuses in Finland. We look forward to telling you about all the benefits and perks that apply in your country.
“From day one everyone has been always super supportive and has welcomed me to this family with open arms. There is constant support, encouragement, and especially for everyone’s work and effort, and this does motivate me to do my job.”
Wunder in 17 seconds.
The ways we support Wunderers’ development and growth
- You have the opportunity to have your own mentor
- Your guild lead will have growth discussions with you, and you will agree on what resources you need to adapt to your way of learning.
- You will belong to the System builders guild, where you get support and can share knowledge on technical topics.
- You will be a part of the Quality Assurance group and work closely with members of that group.
- You will receive 360-degree feedback annually, to understand your strengths and keep progressing in your career.
- You have the opportunity to visit events and conferences to learn about the industry.
Wunderers get to:
- Execute the work in one’s own way while colleagues from the Quality Assurance group and System Builders guild, account managers, project managers, and co-workers answer your questions and support you for a smooth work experience so you can do the best job.
- Freedom to be who they are and to grow into what they dream of being.
- Remarkable ability to affect how you do your daily work.
“I felt appreciated already on the first day when I started and I think that the culture of the organisation is the thing that keeps me still working for Wunder.”
Some of our current clients:
Fortum, Ruutu, Trimble, Finavia, City of Turku, Kansalliskirjasto (Finnish National Library), Traficom, HUS (Helsinki University Hospital), Suomen Metsäkeskus (Finnish Forest Centre), Ministry of Defence of Latvia, Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia, and many more.
Read more detailed information on projects here.
The fields of business we currently work with:
- Cities & Municipalities
Keep on reading! Your coffee, snacks, and office tour are waiting for you!
We would love to invite you to come to visit any of our offices – to meet our fellow devs, get a cup of coffee or bottle of soda, rank our snack selection and get a tour at our office. And if you wish, have a relaxed chat on our culture and tech. Book your personal office tour by sending a message to: [email protected]
If you are already impressed enough to send us an application, just great, awesome and we can’t wait to get your message! Feel free to send it via email to [email protected]
Include the following in your message:
- Preferred subject: Junior Quality Assurance Developer
- Freeform application, including:
- Salary expectation
- When you would be available
- Some sample code, other material that you think is representative of your work, or link to your Github page.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
- Application & Review
- A cultural interview where we talk about what kind of company you want to work for
- A technical interview where you can talk tech
- Coding homework assignment
- Final interview
Interviews can be held either at one of our offices or at Zoom.
For further information, please contact:
Or if you feel like sending us a message via social media, that goes more than fine too: